- Unique and complete bridge deck evaluation solution integrating 16 antennas at 2GHz with double polarization;
- Easy interpretation of data using software specifically designed for bridge analysis;
- Reduction in blocked traffic due to a ten times reduction in survey time;
- More accurate planning and reduced bridge restoration costs;
RIS Hi-BrigHT represents a unique ground penetrating radar solution specialized in early detection of concrete bridge decks deterioration. Thanks to its innovative design and sophisticated software tool, RIS Hi-BrigHT revolutionizes bridge inspection using GPR, allowing:
- Measurement of pavement and concrete slab and asphalt thickness;
- Determination of reinforcement cover depth and thickness;
- Automatic detection of rebars;
- Detection of areas affected by corrosion;
- Location of deck slab and protective concrete damage;
- Utilities mapping;
- Delamination detection.
- Massive antenna array: Two rows of eight double polarized 2GHz antennas provide highly detailed 3D underground tomography. Greater detail enables a more accurate diagnosis of bridge deck anomalies.
- Dual polarization: Dual polarization increases depth of penetration and quality of the imaging.
- Fast data collection: Hi-Bright is 1 meter wide and can scan a bridge with passes in a single direction. The time needed to inspect a bridge is reduced by 16 times compared to a single antenna ground penetrating radar.
- Automatic generated moisture map: The post processing software is able to automatically generate a map of the bridge deck’s general moisture zone. This map is obtained using a proprietary IDS algorithm.
The maps are:
- Power Map: the Power Map is the amplitude of the detected rebars and it is expressed in Volts.
- Moisture Map: the Moisture Map represents an estimate of the propagation velocity calculated at the rebars interface
- Asphalt Thickness Map: the Asphalt Thickness Map identifies the boundary between the asphalt and concrete layers and represents the thickness of the asphalt.
It also offers unique features such as the creation and display of 2D and 3D tomograms in just a few minutes after the basic filtering of the raw data and the direct export of structures and objects of any generic shape to CAD or GIS maps.
The software is fully compatible with any GPS or positioning data in order to automatically obtain geo-referenced data plots.
|Data Logger||Panasonic CF-19 or similar|
|Radar Control Unit||Dual Synchronized IDS DAD FastWave|
|Number of Channels||16|
|Central Antenna Frequency||2 GHz|
|Antenna Polarizations||8 VV antennas + 8 HH antennas|
|Collection Speed||International System: 100 scan/m at > 7 km/h
US System: 100 scan/m at 3.5 km/h
|Positioning||Metric wheel and/or GPS interface|
|Battery Operating Life||4 h|
|Ground Footprint||98 cm x 42 cm|
|Survey Path Width||80cm|
|Acquisition Software||IDS K2 Stream|
|Post-Porcessing Software||IDS GRED HD3 Bridge Module|