- Improved management of underground utility design, relocation and coordination;
- Cost and time reduction: No need to block traffic or perform surveys at night;
- Increase in accuracy with a detection accuracy of as little as 5 cm (2 inches);
- Increase productivity and able to detect every buried target;
- Highly modular structure allows it to be reconfigured to map sidewalks and difficult to access areas;
RIS MF Hi-Mod is a specialized ground penetrating radar system capable of investigating large areas with a 3D view of the subsoil with a high capability of resolution and penetration depth. Thanks to the radar’s capacity and the archaeologist’s experience buried underground objects can be detected with a high level of confidence and consequently plan the excavation activities. RIS MF Hi-Mod offers:
- Consolidated complete procedure from field acquisition to the final output (maps on CAD or GIS);
- Mechanical structure for all urban environments and terrains;
- Automatic target recognition: automatic tools help the operator locate pipes and cables;
- 2D & 3D tomography: optimized tomography for an immediate visualization of pipes and cables;
- Multi-frequency data fusion: automatic fusion of data from 200 and 600 MHz antennas;
- Automatic transfer to CAD/GIS: localized pipes and cables automatically transferred to CAD or GIS maps.
Stream EM is the multi channel Ground Penetrating Radar solution dedicated to utility locating and mapping.
The solution has been conceived to cover tens of hectares/day obtaining the best utilities detection quality thanks to 40 separate channels. The solution includes double polarized (VV and HH) antennas, to cover wide road surfaces with only longitudinal scans for both longitudinal and transversal pipes detection maintaining the same maximum data collection speed, 15 Km/h.
The system makes possible what was a dream until now. Imagine mapping all the underground utilities in large areas of dozens of hundreds Km2 and obtain clear and easily enterable result. The high number of antennas increase the quality of the data achievable boosting the reliability of pipes detection.
Stream EM is easily dismountable, enabling it to be transported in a van. It can be reconfigured for mapping sidewalks and difficult areas and can also be easily adapted, by using suitable kits, for other applications (archaeology, environmental, road/runway)
- Massive array of 40 antennas in two polarizations: A massive array of 40 antennas ensures a high sampling density. This results in accurate 3D modeling of the subsurface and ease of detecting buried targets and anomalies. The use of both polarizations provides optimal detection of main and junction pipes at the same time.
- Speed: Stream EM can be towed by a car up to 15 km/h (12mph). This boosts productivity as Stream EM can survey many miles per day, can be operated by 2 people, is able to run continuously without interrupting traffic and allows the crew to remain safe inside the vehicle.
- Accurate to less than 5 cm (2 inches): Stream EM can be interfaced with GPS or a total station in order to accurately geo-locate the surveyed area and to individually distinguish all the pipes, cables and anomalies detected with high accuracy.
- Professional Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) survey: Automatic transfer to CAD/GIS: Pipes, cables and buried object can be automatically transferred to CAD and GIS format with a proprietary software tool.
K2 Stream FastWave
This software is able to acquire, and display in real time, data coming from more than 48 IDS antennas. It integrates all the functions of the K2 FastWave acquisition software but can handle more inputs. This software is supplied with the control unit.
Snailnav Navigation Software
The Snailnav navigation software used for GPS real time positioning is able to project GPS trajectories in real time, helping the operator to collect data with great accuracy without leaving any black spots and to avoid time wasted going over the same area more than once.
Gred HD3 is specifically designed to offer an integrated framework for CAD and GIS, combining the characteristics of industrial productivity with high levels of reliability. It also offers unique features such as the creation and display of 2D and 3D tomograms in just a few minutes after the basic filtering of the raw data and the direct export of structures and objects of any generic shape to CAD or GIS maps.
The software is fully compatible with any GPS or positioning data in order to obtain automatically geo-referenced data plots.
Key features include:
Real-time display of trajectories using GPS or Total Station.
2D and 3D tomography for an immediate visualization and detection of anomalies.
Automated transfer to CAD/GIS: the identified target can be automatically transferred to CAD or GIS maps for professional SUE / utility mapping.
Geolocated data information and visualization
Stream EM can be optionally equipped with the GPR-Slice software platform (http://www.gpr-survey.com/)
|Data Logger||Panasonic CF30 PC or similar|
|Radar Control Unit||3 synchronized DAD MCH FastWaves|
|Number of Channels||40|
|Antenna Frequency||200 and 600 MHz|
|Antenna Polarization||Horizontal (HH) and Vertical (VV)|
|Transversal Sampling||Full configuration (2 DML + DCL): 6 cm|
|Positioning||Survey wheel, GPS or Total Station (not included)|
|Collection Speed||Up to 15 km/h in full configuration|
|Power Consumption||100 Watts|
|Battery Life||> 8.0 h|
|DAD — Connection to Data Logger||Ethernet LAN|
|Surface Footprint||Length: 2.02m, Width: 2.10m|
|Weight (full configuration)||228 kg|
|Survey Path Width||21.84 meterV|
|Processing Software||GRED 3D Utilities STREAM including:
|Output Data||Automatic data transfer into CAD maps|